Saturday 24 October 2009

10 reasons why I hate spam email or 1 reason I secretly am grateful for it

I don't know how to write this without sounding like a total sap.

I checked my email and realised that my account had been spam attacked and was spewing the stuff to every contact in my address book. So I go through and start deleting all the emails until I came across one from my mum who I hadn't spoken to for over a month.

I guess the reason why I'm grateful is that after that awful argument this one stupid email has enabled us to communicate.

There's been things that have happened lately that I wanted to talk to my mum about. I may be 23 years old but I still rely on my parents a lot since they're the only people who truly know me and it's killed me not talking to her. You know for all the times I say my mum's not there for me, she was the one who sat up with me on the phone until silly o clock in the morning when I'd rung up in floods of tears because I'd just found out about the endo and I was terrified I wouldn't be able to have kids. I'm still terrified now but not to the extent I was back then.

I don't know if things will ever be the same again between us but it's nice to know she's there.

No comments: