Saturday 17 January 2009

Just a quicky....

Ohhh Matron!

Now I've got the Carry On moment out of my system this is honestly just a quick blog post. It's ten to fooking four!

I'm not impressed. The writing bug has bitten me :(

I know a few people who'd be...happy? Maybe? Hmm, I'm not. I need my sleep but sleeps sweet oblivion seems to be evading me recently. A lot of it is stress from not knowing when I'm going to get back to work as well as still not knowing exactly what happened during my surgery and what will be said about that.

I got some good news today so I'll be able to go to London next Saturday and meet some fab people, I'm looking forward to it and really hope all the regulars can make it.

The weirdest thing happened earlier tonight, I was talking online to some lovely ladies and somehow the conversation ended up being on fanfics and it turns out another person used to go on the same yahoo group I did. It's madness, utter madness and in some bizarre way it doesn't surprise me. After all I met a wonderful group of ladies in my Endo sisters and I'll be meeting a group of lovelies from Luigi's next weekend. Good times.

I was speaking to Jo earlier too and we're definitely gonna head up to Edinburgh on 30th April. Should be a laugh; beer and good company what more does a girl need in life? I am ever so slightly scared of going to Lindisfarne and getting stuck on the island but my sense of adventure is telling me to stop being a wuss and enjoy life. Cos that's what life is all about isn't it? Living life and enjoying every minute of it. One minute you're here, the next you're not. Make the most of each and every single moment, try something new every day, do something that scares you. Just don't get to the end of your life and regret not doing something. I don't wanna look back 5 years down the line when I'm thinking of settling down with a nice man (or woman) and think there's so much I wanted to do and I didn't get to do it.

This year is shaping up to be a pretty mad one. There's the meet next weekend, the endo meet in Leeds in February, the JailBreak in March (www.jailbreak2009.co.uk - please sign up!!!!), Edinburgh in April, The Luigi's camping holiday (I know some of you read this blog girls and WE.ARE.DOING.IT!!!!) in the summer and possibly Cuba with Jo in October.

I'm itching to go to the Edinburgh Festival too in August so it's all going a bit mad this year on the travel front. I really do want to go to Cuba too and that's the one I hope doesn't fall through. God knows I could do with some sun, sea, sand and fun! It's not just that aspect that has an appeal for me. I'd love to be able to tell my kids I went to Cuba while Castro was still living.

Sitting here thinking about it, there's a few places I want to go; Goa, Italy, America, Australia, Go around Europe and most of all I am desperate to go back to Paris. I fell in love with the city when I went in high school.

Anyone fancy being my travel buddy??

xxx

No comments: