Sunday 11 January 2009

Sunday Night Blues

Well the first full week of 2009 is now coming to a close. I wonder how many people have already broken their resolutions?

I didn't really make any resolutions this year. In fact the only one I've made is to get a job *hopefully* before February. So in that hope I've been whoring myself around agencies, making my CV sound much more impressive than it actually is, printing off reams of information from the Inland Revenue and then trying to stuff as much of the info into my poor, tired brain as I can so it looks like I know what I'm talking about when I go for interviews.

The problem is, there are so many different forms used in Payroll, you have a split second to rack your brains trying to remember which is which.

At the moment I'm attempting to live, breathe, eat and sleep the job. I've been put forward for a fantastic job at a wonderful company and the starting salary isn't to be sniffed at! I not only need to prove my skills as a whizz at Payroll but I also need to show the company that it is my life at the moment and that even though I do have other things in the pipeline, the company appear to want someone who is a sycophant!

As well as job hunting, I'm also recovering after surgery before Christmas. It wasn't anything too drastic and I feel about 90% normal again. So trying to take things easy as well as madly looking for a job...not a good mix me thinks.

I've got a reasonably busy week this week. Getting my nails done tomorrow as recently I seem to have bitten mine to buggery, I have an interview at a company I worked for previously as a temp at 8.30am on Tuesday and meeting a friend for gossip and coffee on Wednesday. Plus I also need to have time to study up on Payroll info/Company info and be available for interview if any should come up.

Anyone on my twitter, will have seen that I tweeted I'm very proud of someone at the moment, that person would be my Mum. She got very, very good marks on an assignment.

No comments: