Friday 20 February 2009

I'm a lucky girl

...I've got the best friends a girl could ask for. They know exactly what to say when I'm feeling down in the dumps. Granted I have burst into tears three times today since my appointment because of the fact they were being too nice to me after the disaster.

My appointment went exactly how I expected it to go...I was told to go on the pill and discharged. There were no other options offered so I'm just going to try and manage on the painkillers every month. The only downside to that is that I'll need to see my GP and evaluate my painkillers because the dihydracodiene totally spaces me out which can be funny but confusing for any poor people I'm talking to at the time when I go giggly and generally dopey. I was devastated earlier but there's not a lot I can do. Now they know the problem is when I get my visitor and about a fortnight before I don't think they'll refer me to the gastro team. I feel a lot better than I did before the surgery.

My dad kinda upset me earlier cos he said I was no where near as bad before I had my first lap which is the one that really fucked me up. I don't know, if I could go back now with the knowledge I've got I don't think I'd have had my first lap done by the guy who did it. Hindsight it 20/20 though and there's nothing at all I can do to change it.

I've had a two hour cat nap and I'm bloody knackered but my body is refusing to switch off and sleep, still got everything else spinning around in my head.

Oh well...I'm escaping to Luton this weekend and I can't wait! I plan on getting absolutely draked! And if for some reason (which given the way I'm feeling at the moment it will happen) I start crying my McSnotface has already said she'll give me all the hugs I need.

I can honestly say I'd be lost without my mates and even though we all live so far apart I know if I needed one of them I could call or text them and they'd come straight to Leeds, just the same way I'd do that for them.

Right, I MUST go to bed, sitting here is doing me no good!
xxx

No comments: