Wednesday 11 February 2009

Tourist

Today I spent the day as a tourist in....Leeds! One thing everyone should do at some point it go around all the places in your local city that you'd never think of going to because they're always there.

Absolutely knackered now though. Had such a laugh!

Funniest moments
- Giving "birth"
- Amanda's sex noises whilst eating...me saying 'you having a wee orgasm there' some bloke walking past who overhead me saying this and proceeded to stare at Amanda whilst walking on
- Messing around with the blue screen of doom
- Seeing Morph
- Lots of larking about

I loved it but urgh...Thackray Medical Museum has a section about Leeds in 1842 with real smell included. Really smelt vile to the point Amanda and I were both retching, not recommended for anyone of a weak disposition. Something quite cool, because we gift aided our admission fees, we've now got a free pass for a year to go anytime we want to.

I saw some really bizarre and wonderful things there.

We then hopped on a train and headed to Bradford for a wander around the National Media Museum...when I was a kid it was the National Museum of Film and Photography. There were lots of cool things to look and interact with. We didn't get too long there to look around. I'm hoping to go back again after Friday as they've got a new exhibit opening called 'Bradford's Babies' which contains 'births, deaths and nudity' so it's piqued my interest.

It's been agreed we're going to do one geeky thing a month. The main problem now is a few of the things we want to do are further afield and so it's those places that are going to have to wait until I've got my car.

I can honestly say I've not laughed so much in a long time :D

No comments: